Requisition No.: 254146
Status: Full Time
Project Duration: 15 months
Data Architects support Solution Delivery Projects providing database applications for a wide range of business functions. For each project they facilitate design sessions with subject matter experts to Analyze Data Requirements and Design and Develop Data Structures. The Data Architect produces Logical and Physical Data Models with corresponding Data Dictionaries while following Guidelines, Standards, and Procedures. Data Architects must work well individually and as a team member while supporting several projects in parallel. Data Architects maintain Data Models over the life of an Application. Data Architects also review designs or launched applications for adherence to strategies, standards, and best practices. They support multiple database technologies, including Oracle, DB2, Teradata, Hadoop, MS SQL Server, MS Azure, and MS APS. In addition, Data Architects support Information Architect and help in Total Data Quality Analysis and participate in evaluation of COTS application.
• Refine Business Rules and Business Requirements
• Assess impact of change
• Help evaluate COTS Packages
• Support Information Standards and Enterprise Data Items
• Develop Logical Data Model diagrams and LDM dictionaries.
• Develop Physical Data Model diagrams and PDM dictionaries.
• Develop draft DDL Script
• Help improve performance
• Implement Data Model changes in support of Production Emergencies
• Communicate Data Architecture (DA) Artifacts to relevant parties
• Ability to facilitate design sessions with subject matter experts to define data requirements and resolve requirements issues
• Extensive experience designing databases supporting complex business rules
• Must be capable of successfully supporting multiple project concurrently
• Ability to work as a member of a team and with all levels of management
• Outstanding speaking, listening, and reading communication skills
• SAP Sybase PowerDesigner experience ideal
• 2+ years design Knowledge of MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Teradata, and MS Azure
• Experience with SAP Ariba middleware integration and supporting Datastage design activities.