Requisition No.: 248934
Status: Full Time
Project Duration: 6 months
* AVS-IPI Tech Lead. Successful candidate for this position will play a critical role in the deployment of the Next Generation Automated Vehicle Scheduling (NGAVS) system in our North American vehicle assembly plants. As the NGAVS-In-Plant Implementation (IPI) Tech Lead for the Paint area, he/she will be responsible for directing the efforts of a third-party controls integration team. They will be responsible for integration of NGAVS with Vehicle Operations tooling and process control systems. Candidate will work with vendor controls engineers to install, test, and debug standard NGAVS logic and drivers. Although most NGAVS PLC code modules are complete and standardized, the candidate may need to create custom code for plant unique situations or modify standard templates and AOI.s to address issues identified by the third-party integrator. This would include maintenance of PLC Code for Allen-Bradley ControlLogix using Rockwell RS5000 software. Individual will also will be responsible for creation and maintenance of HMI code (Allen-Bradley PanelViews). Assignments may be at any of our Vehicle Assembly Plants in North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico)
• Significant experience programming Allen-Bradley PanelView HMI's.
• Experience with Industrial Ethernet communications.
• Experience writing documentation and training material.
• Experience delivering training to a range of target audiences.
• Experience preparing wiring diagrams and other drawings in AutoCAD.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Fully proficient in English.
• Knowledge of SICK barcode scanners.
• Knowledge of Adaptive displays.
• Prior experience in an automotive paint environment a plus.
• Significant experience managing a major controls integration Project.
• Experience in vendor management.
• Individual should be comfortable directing the work of others.
• Successful candidate will be comfortable interfacing with wide range of parties, from hourly operators and skilled trades through plant management.
• Individual should be a self-starter, requiring a minimum of day-to-day supervision.
• Must be a strong team player.
• Must be willing to travel the appropriate amount of time required to support launch schedules.
• Must be physically able to work on the plant floor for significant hours per day.
• Must be legally able to work in U.S., Canada, and exico.