Requisition No.: 245596
Status: Full Time
Project Duration: 12 months
- Utilize physical and semi-physical models (using tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, Ricardo WAVE, AMESim, AVL-Cruise, and/or GT-POWER) to deliver analytical calibrations for gasoline engines and aftertreatment systems which meet all corporate, legal, program, timing, and quality objectives.
- Identify new opportunities to reduce vehicle development time through increased use of CAE testing, including hardware in the loop (HiL) and software in the loop (SiL) testing where possible.
- Identify new tools and methods to improve efficiency and/or quality of analytical calibration development.
- Develop and execute MATLAB/Simulink control system elements to optimize calibrations based on dynamometer and/or vehicle data.
- Generate hardware in the loop methodologies to calibrate powertrain functions and execute the procedures on target applications.
- Apply 6-Sigma quality methods to identify critical factors in test data, understand robustness issues, and optimize engine calibrations.
- Publish calibration development guides to document CAE procedures so they can be replicated on additional programs.
- Collaborate with research and development staff to create new CAE based calibration methodologies.
- Provide training and support to software and calibration development engineers.
- Represent CAE-based calibration team at engineering development meetings as well as other key program implementation forums as necessary.
- Working knowledge of powertrain control module hardware and electrical interfaces.
- Self-motivated and able to lead small teams to resolve complex engineering projects to completion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink